Sussan Group Head Office
- Value: $20 Million
- Client: The Sussan Group
- Architect: Durbach Block Jaggers Architects
- Project Manager: APP Corporation
- Date: 2008
Major reconstruction works and the amalgamation of three existing buildings created the new Sussan Group national head office.
Working closely with project manager, APP Corporation, Maben Group coordinated the detailed demolition works and the total reconstruction of the site.
Full height steel windows provide a connection between the modern office space and the internal courtyard of forest trees, which extends through the length of the building. The extensive use of an imported glass façade system has transformed the outer structure. The internal fitout incorporates complex plaster and ceiling works, unique joinery fitments and a flexible work space that was carefully designed to meet the occupants’ requirements. The building houses a large art collection and one of these includes a rooftop sign structure that was erected with part of artist Ugo Rondione’s sculptural installation Our Magic Hour 2003.
This project required a very hands on approach to successfully construct a building with a high level of finish in the shortest possible time. The redevelopment comprised approximately 5,200sqm of office space, 152 car spaces and 845sqm of vacant space for future expansion.
Design: Durbach Block Architects and Hecker Phelan Guthrie in conjunction with Bligh Voller Nield.
The Sussan Sportsgirl Head Office has won a number of prestigious architectural awards and Maben Group was awarded an MBAV Award for the project.
- 2009 Architects Institute of Australia Awards National Award for Commercial Architecture
- 2009 Architects Institute of Australia Awards (Victorian Chapter) Sir Osborn McCutcheon Award for Commercial Architecture
- 2009 Master Builders MBAV Awards – Special Commendation for Commercial Construction $10-20 Million