Maben Group is pleased to announce that we have been appointed as the Principal Contractor for Vicinity Centres’ Box Hill Central Southern Precinct (West End) Redevelopment.
The project is a key part of Vicinity’s vision to transform Box Hill Central into a market-leading destination, involving partial façade demolition, refurbishment, and reconfiguration of the existing tenancy, to create:
- New Southern entry and new common mall extension including mall widening.
- New Coles Supermarket, new mini major tenancy and approximately 15 new specialty retailers.
- Reconfiguration of existing specialty retailers to create a new widened mall and eight reconfigured retail spaces, including four new dual frontage restaurants that will provide activation and engagement with the existing Carrington Street retail to the south of the centre.
- Mall ambience upgrades, including the existing central Woolworths entry, including ceiling treatments, mall tiling, lighting and façade embellishments.
- Vertical Transportation Service Works – replacing 3no. sets of travelators and installing new passenger lift.
The development footprint is in the order of 10,500sqm, over a single retail level and car park lobbies (2 levels below ground and 2 roof car park levels.
Maben Group are pleased to be working closely with Vicinity Centres, Case Meallin, The Buchan Group, Baigents, ADP Consulting, Stantec, JHA Consulting and GTA Consultants, and look forward to another successful project!